and what can we do to help you
We have been designing websites for over ten years, and have built a lot of sites over this period. While standards, browsers and devices have changed immensely, the fundamentals of putting together a good website are unchanged.
Now, as ever, it is vital to work out how your website is going to work with your business requirements.
There are a number of things we need to bring together to develop a successful website:
- Nobody knows your business better than you do! We are happy to talk to you, and develop a partnership for taking your web-presence forward.
- Integrating your site with your business. You will need to be able to manage your website after it has been set up. We can develop easy-to-use custom database interfaces - or adapt a standard content management system (such as WordPress) - to allow you to do this cost-effectively.
- Preparing content. Content is the most important component of any website, and the most commonly overlooked. What you say on your website is at least as important as how it looks. We can help you bring copy and graphics together for your site, directly in partnership with you, or through research.
- Navigation and design are important factors in any website, and we have decades of experience building sites that match your expectations, and those of your customers. All of the sites we have developed over the last few years employ 'responsive design' principles, which ensure they are easily viewed on mobile devices.
- Search Engine Optimisation, or SEO: As search engines have got smarter it has become difficult and dangerous to attempt a 'quick fix' to make your site look better in search rankings. If you are intending to be around for a while, we can help you build sound content, suggest ways for you to build solid 'organic links' to your site and work with you to develop complimentary social platforms.
- Social network integration using Facebook or Twitter alongside your website.
- Performance monitoring - giving you access to visitor statistics and behavious, and physical site monitoring, so you know how your site is performing.
- Site infrastructure: Researching domain names and helping to ensure that your hosting package matches your business requirements.
- Technical and legal compliance - ensuring that your website meets international standards for code and accessibility. Advising where site features may be in conflict with local legal requirements.
- Ongoing support and maintenance: We have over a decade's history in the business, and intend to be around to offer you long-term support!
Contact us for more details